RAS Pre Exam Syllabus 2018-2019: Rajasthan Public Service Commission has been updated RPSC RAS Prelims Exam 2018 complete Syllabus and Exam pattern. You can Check this post and know about the RAS Pre Exam Syllabus with new Scheme of Examination. We have updated here RAS Syllabus with Complete topic wise details. You just Download Down and Schedule your Study plan for this. You can Also Download RAS Pre Exam Syllabus PDF by given link here.
New Scheme of Examination and Syllabus for Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination-2018
Scheme of Examination:
The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper on the subject specified below, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks. The examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The Standard of the paper will be that of a Bachelor’s Degree Level. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
RAS Exam Scheme 2018
I General Knowledge and General Science:
2. Marks: 200
3. Time Duration: 3 Hours
- There will be 150 questions of multiple choice (Objective Type), carrying equal marks.
- There will be negative marking.1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
RAS Pre SYLLABUS 2018: Check Complete Details here
History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Major Landmarks in the History of Rajasthan, Major Dynasties, their Administrative and Revenue System. Socio-cultural Issues.
- Freedom Movement , Political Awakening and Integration
- Salient features of Architecture – Forts and Monuments
- Arts, Paintings and Handicrafts.
- Important Works of Rajasthani literature. Local Dilects
- Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dances.
- Rajsathani Culture, Traditions and Heritage.
- Religious Movements, Saints& Lok devtas of Rajasthan.
- Important Tourist Places.
- Leading Personalities of Rajasthan.
Indian History Ancient & Medieval Period:
- Salient features and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India
- Art, Culture, Literature and Architecture.
- Major Dynasties, Their Administrative System. Socio-Economic Conditions, Prominent Movements.
- Modern Indian history (from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the
- present)- significant events, personalities and issues.
- The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement- its various stages and
- important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country.
- Social and Religious Reform movements in the 19th and 20th century.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
Geography of World and India World Geography:
- Broad Physical features.
- Environmental and Ecological Issues.
- Wildlife and Bio-diversity.
- International Waterways.
- Major Industrial Regions.
Geography of India:
- Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
- Agriculture and Agro based Activities.
- Minerals – Iron, Manganese, Coal, Oil & Gas, Atomic minerals.
- Major Industries and Industrial development.
- Transportation– major transport corridors.
- Natural Resources.
- Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues.
Geography of Rajasthan
- Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
- Natural Resource of Rajasthan-
- Climate, Natural Vegetation, Forests, Wildlife and Bio-diversity
- Major irrigation projects.
- Mines and Minerals.
- Major Industries and Potential for Industrial Development.
Indian Constitution, Political System &Governance
A. Constitutional Development & Indian Constitution: Government of India Acts: 1919 and 1935, Constituent Assembly, Nature of Indian Constitution; Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State, Fundamental Duties, Federal Structure, Constitutional Amendments, Emergency Provisions, Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) and Judicial Review.
B. Indian Political System and Governance :
- Nature of Indian State, Democracy in India, Reorganization of States, Coalition Governments, Political Parties, National Integration.
- Union and State Executive; Union and State Legislative, Judiciary
- President, Parliament, Supreme Court, Election Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General, Planning Commission, National Development Council, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Central Information Commission , Lokpal, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
- Local Self Government & Panchayati Raj
C. Public Policy & Rights
- National Public Policy as a welfare state.
- Various Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Governor, Chief Minister, State Assembly, High Court, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, District Administration, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukt, State Election Commission, State Information Commission.
- Public Policy, Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
Economic Concepts and Indian Economy Basic Concepts of Economics
- Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Banking, Public Finance, National Income, Growth and Development
- Accounting- Concept, Tools and Uses in Administration
- Stock Exchange and Share Market
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies
- Subsidies, Public Distribution System
- Inflation- Concept, Impact and Control Mechanism
Economic Development & Planning : –
- 5 Year Plans – Objectives, Strategies and Achievements.
- Major Sectors of Economy- Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade- Current Status, Issues & initiatives.
- Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives. Economic Reforms and Liberalization
Human Resource and Economic Development:-
- Human Development Index
- Poverty and Unemployment:- Concept, Types, Causes, Remedies and Current Flagship Schemes.
Social Justice and Empowerment:- Provisions for Weaker Sections.
Economy of Rajasthan
- Macro overview of Economy.
- Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service Sector Issues.
- Growth, Development and Planning.
- Infrastructure & Resources.
- Major Development Projects.
- Programmes and Schemes- Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ST/Backward Class/Minorities/Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People, Farmers & Labourers.
Science & Technology
- Basics of Everyday Science.
- Electronics, Computers, Information and Communication Technology.
- Space Technology including Satellites.
- Defence Technology.
- Human body, Food and Nutrition, Health care.
- Environmental and Ecological Changes and its Impacts.
- Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry with special reference toRajasthan.
- Development of Science and Technology in Rajasthan.
Reasoning & Mental Ability Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive):
- Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and Conclusion, Courses of Action.
- Analytical Reasoning.
Mental Ability: Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes and their sub sections.
- Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis.
- Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart).
- Major Current Events and Issues of State(Rajasthan), National and International Importance
- Persons and Places in recent news
- Games and Sports related Activities
|1||Syllabus for RAS/RTS Comb. Comp. (PRE.) Exam – 2018 (English Version)||Download PDF|
|2||Syllabus for RAS/RTS Comb. Comp. (PRE.) Exam – 2018 (Hindi Version)||Download PDF|
Best Books for RAS Pre Exam Preparation:
Best Book for RAS Prelims Exam 2018 Preparations
|Sr. No.||Subject||Books Name|
|1.||History of India||1.PRTIYOGITA DARPAN EXTRA EDITION OF HISTORY
2.MODERN INDIA BY B.L. GROVER, VIPIN CHANDRA
3.NCERT 12TH CLASS HISTORY PART-I,II,III ALL
|2.||History of Rajasthan||1.GOPINATH SHARMA,
2.RAJASTHAN SAHITYA AKADMI PUBLICATION,
4.RAJASTHAN STUDIES SCHOOL BOOKS
|3.||Geography of Rajasthan||1. RAJ KUMAR SHARMA’S RAJASTHAN GEOGRAPHY
2. DR. L.R. BHALLA,
3. RAJASTHAN SAHITYA AKADMI PUBLICATION,
4. RAJASTHAN STUDIES SCHOOL BOOKS
|4.||Geography of India||1.VISHVA KA BHUGOL & BHOTIK BHUGOL BY SAVINDRA
2.BHARAT KA BHUGOL BY -KHULLAR
3.NCERT 11TH CLASS ALL BOOKS
4.NCERT 12TH CLASS ALL BOOKS
5.SINGH MAHESH KUMAR VARNBAL
|5.||Political Science and Administrative System of Rajasthan||1. LAXMIKANT’S INDIAN POLITY RAJASTHAN
2. INDIAN PARLIAMENT BY SUBHASH KASYSHAP
|6.||Economy of Rajasthan||1. LAXMINARAYAN NATHURAMKA
2. LAKSHYA PUBLICATION
3. RAJASTHAN STUDIES SCHOOL BOOKS
4. WEBSITE OF RAJTOURISM, RAJCENSUS, RAJPOWER, RAJAGRICULTURE AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS OF GOVT. OF RAJASTHAN FOR LATEST TOPIKS OF ECONOMICS
|7.||Economy of India||1. BHARTIYA ARTHVAYAVASTHA BY DATT SUNDARAM
2. PARTIYOGITA DARPAN EXTRA EDITION
3. LAL & LAL INDIA AND BASICS OF ECONOMICS
4. INDIAN ECONOMY BY MISHRA, PURI & SHASTRI IAS ECONOMY GUIDE
|8.||General Science & Technology||1. NCERT CLASS 6th to 10th SCIENCE TEXTBOOKS
2. SPECTRUM`S BOOK ON SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
3. VIGYAN PRAGATI & AAWISHKAR BOOKS OF MINISTRY
|9.||Current Affairs/Current GK||1. RAJASTHAN PATRIKA, DAINIK BHASKAR
2. THE HINDU
3. CHRONICAL , PRATIOGITA DARPAN, CRONICAL, MOOMAL
|10.||Maths, Mental Ability & Reasoning||1. R.S. AGRWAL-S.CHAND PUBLICATION
2. KIRAN PUBLICATION MATHAMATICS3
3. ARIHANT PUBLICATION BOKKS
4. KIRAN PUBLICATION BOOKS-REASONING
5. HERALD REASONING ABILITY
6. R.S. AGRWAL CHPTER 1,3,4,5,7,10,14,16 & NON VERBAL
|11.||Rajasthan General Knowledge||1. BHARAT 2013 (INDIA 2013)
2. RAJASTHAN CURRENT GK BOOKS OF BHALLA, RAI, FIRST RANK, LAKHYA, MOOMAL etc. MONTHLY EDITION
3. PATIYOGITA DARPAN EXTRA EDITION
4. MONTHLY EDITION OF P.D. & CRONICLE
5. MONTHLY SUJAS.
|12.||Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan||1. LAKSHYA PRAKASHAN
2. ARIHANT PUBLICATION
3. RAI PUBLICATION
|13.||Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance||1. PRTIYOGITA SAHITYA PUBLICATION BOOKS
2. EXTRA EDITION OF P.D.
3. DD BASU
4. SHUBHASH KASHYAP
5. BL FADIYA
RAS Pre Exam Syllabus and Books:
If you are really serious about exam and want to crack RAS Pre Exam 2018 than you should prepare for exam with best strategy. It mean RAS Exam 2018 can be crack with best plan. You must make your study schedule first and talk with scholars, That how to cover all syllabus and exam preparation. You beat exam by just follow those scholars’ simple tricks. Best of luck for RAS Pre exam going to held on Exam Date that Will be Release Soon.