CDS Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Selection Process: Union Public Service Commission has announced the Combined Defense Services Examination (II) on 14th November 2021. Interested candidates have already filled the application form and now working hard for the preparation of the CDS 2 Exam 2021. The Combined Defence Services Exam Pattern 2021 and UPSC CDS Syllabus 2021 has been uploaded here for the guidance of the applicants. The CDS Selection Process 2021 includes various rounds and candidates have to clear all the rounds for getting their dream job in Combined Defence Service.
The objective type written exam would be held on 14th November 2021. CDS exams are conducted by UPSC twice in a year, CDS 1 in February and CDS 2 in November, generally. Check UPSC CDS Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Selection Process below.
Check Latest CDS Syllabus 2021-2022, Complete CDS Exam Pattern, Check UPSC CDS Selection Process
For the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Navy Academy and Air Force Academy, CDS 2 Exam is going to be conducted on 2nd February 2020. Before appearing in the objective based written exam, have a look at the CDS 2021 Exam Pattern. For your convenience, we have also provided the CDS Syllabus 2021 and CDS Selection Process 2021, so that you can give your hundred percent in the exam.
CDS Exam Pattern 2021
It’d be an objective type written examination in which General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics questions will be both in Hindi and English language. For total time and maximum marks allotted to questions, check the below table.
Negative Marking: There’d be a negative marking of 0.3 marks for each wrong answer.
***For Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy –
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
***For Officers’ Training Academy –
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
CDS Syllabus 2021
Candidates may get the detailed information of CDS Exam Syllabus 2021 from here. As we have mentioned in the above table that questions will be asked from the English language, GK and Mathematics. Get the topics of each subject from below.
Understanding of English language and workmanlike use of words would be tested under this section.
- Current Affairs (knowledge of current events and important matters)
- History of India
- Geography of India
- Number system
- Natural numbers
- Rational and Real numbers
- Fundamental Operations: Subtraction, Addition, division, multiplication, decimal fractions, square roots.
- Time and distance
- Applications to compound and Simple interest.
- Time and work
- Profit and loss
- Ratio and Proportion.
Elementary Number Theory:
- Division algorithm
- Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11.
- Prime and composite numbers
- Multiples and factors
- Factorization Theorem
- H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Basic operations
- Remainder Theorem
- simple factors
- H.C.F., L.C.M.
- The relation between its roots and coefficients (only real roots to be considered).
- Theory of Polynomials Solutions of quadratic equations
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions.
- Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
- Simultaneous linear in-equations in two variables and their solutions.
- Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or in-equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions.
- Cosine x, Sine x, Tangent x when 0° < x< 90°.
- Values of cos x, sin x, and tan x, for x = 0°, 30°, 60°, 45° and 90°.
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables.
- Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures.
- Theorems on:
- Properties of angles at a point
- Sides and angles of a triangle
- Parallel lines
- Congruence of triangles
- The concurrence of medians and altitudes
- Similar triangles
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square
- Circle and its properties, including tangents and normal’s
Areas of squares, parallelograms, rectangles, circle and Triangle. Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders. Areas of figures, which can be split up into the figures (Field Book). Surface area and volume of spheres.
Collection and tabulation of statistical data. Measures of Central Tendency. Graphical representation-frequency polygons, bar charts, histograms, pie charts, etc.
CDS Selection Process 2021:
All the applicants will be called for the written examination on 2nd February 2020 and for being eligible for the next round, candidates have to obtain minimum qualifying marks in this examination. The UPSC CDS Selection Process 2021 includes the followin phases to select the eligible candidates –
Phase – 1: Written Examination
Phase – 2: SSB Test (Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test)
The candidates who qualify the written exam by securing minimum qualifying marks will be called for the SSB Test which includes two stages –
- Stage 1: Candidates will have to go through the OIR Test (Officer Intelligence Rating) and PP&DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
- Stage 2: It includes Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference.
Note: The candidates, who clear the Stage-1, will only be eligible for appearing in the Stage-2 tests.
CDS Exam Pattern 2021, CDS Syllabus Syllabus, Selection Process
Candidates who have applied for the CDS 2 2021, will be beneficial from this article of CDS Exam Pattern, Syllabus 2021. We have updated the complete CDS Selection Process 2021 here to boost your preparation while preparing. All the Best to all for the upcoming CDS 2 Exam 2021. For any of the queries concerning the CDS Exam Pattern, Syllabus and Selection Process, you are invited to contact us through the comment section.